Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Caregiver's Life

If people think that it's an easy job, then they have to think twice. It is not a glamorous job indeed, however, if you put your heart in it, your hard work is going to be paid off. Being a caregiver has never been part of my option as I know what I can do, what my capacity and skills are and what I truly want in life. 

Let's get back, so here I am working as a caregiver, taking care of 6 old people not related to me which I never have done to any of my family member as I have been independent to myself and loved being alone. Every day you have to wake up early in the morning to get ready. Fix yourself and set your mind of what you are supposed to complete the whole day. 

Everyday you have to shower or sponge bath 5 of the residents that you are taking care of. Get them ready for the day. Once done, you need to clean the whole house, starting with the laundry every other day, then throwing out garbage, cleaning each room, (change bed covers, linens, pillow cases and comforter every 2 weeks), sweeping and mopping the floor. It is just like you are in a house, kind of different of what I have expected to be honest (the place where I am working at have the feels of being at home, it does not feel like a boarding care). 

You'll have to feed them breakfast, lunch and dinner, oh by the way, all of us working at the facility are Filipino's so imagine how we talk to each other about every days work. It's fun and tiring at the same time. But it's a fulfillment, specially, when you have completed all your chores and you see that everyone is happy and satisfied, until end of day.

So, here I am loving my job even though I am looking forward to have a better life and would be able to land on what I am passionate of doing. Let's just hope for the best then.  

No comments: