Saturday, January 14, 2012

I am a Sutherlander

I still remember the good old days when I first came in to Sutherland, I'm scared and not confident enough that I can pass the interviews that I'll be going through. It was the 3rd quarter of 2007 and if I remember everything correctly; I actually failed during my language interview and did not get the opportunity to undergo final interview. After a month, someone called me from the recruitment team and asked me if I am willing to undergo 4 weeks language training, I'm part of the first batch. It's the first time that they will be having this 4 weeks COL training for those whom they think just need some more time in learning the proper way of speaking the universal language. I did not let the opportunity pass and grab it right away. On our 3rd week, one account, my very first account, had hiring for new agents;

Blockbuster;
I had fun writing an essay as part of the process in checking if I will pass and be part of the account and I did. I became an official part of Sutherland September 17, 2007. Blockbuster was a fun, easy and cool account, it's basically email. You need to answer costumer's query through email and the most difficult metrics that you need to achieve is CSAT since it's not easy to please and satisfy someone when you're not actually speaking to them and explaining the reasons on why there are some problem that occurred in their services. The sad part, we are the accounts wave 8 and we only stayed for a month, 2 weeks of product training and 2 weeks being on the floor and we were all transferred to another account. My Home...

PHH;
My comfort zone. The place where we treat each other as one team and one family, together we strive for the growth of the account. This is the place where I learned to believe in myself and strive to grow up. The account that opened a lot of opportunities on my end and for my team mates as well. PHH gave me the opportunity to see the "Dream Land"; I was sent to US for mortgage training and I really enjoyed the tours that we had while staying there for 3 to almost 4 months. I was able to visit New York, Niagara Falls, Staten Island where Statue of Liberty is located, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City. I've been part of this account for almost 3 years and tears fell when I had to leave it and start a new.

JPMC;
I did had a bad start with the account, most especially with the tenured guys who has been part of the account since it all started. We were unwelcome, that's what I did feel when we came in the first time and I knew right there and then that we need to step up and make a difference so that everyone will accept and appreciate us. As we move forward, things changed and we became one tough family to beat. When you say Barangay Chase it only means one thing unity, one team and a family, everyone can't let us down until such time that everything came to and end wherein we need to bid farewell to others and just see you around for some.

Do I still need to mention the last which happens to be a hell??? No need to I guess, though I did met a lot of great people and gained new friends my last account was the worst. It's gave me the realization that as much as I have love being a Sutherlander, there are some things that you need to give up and start looking for a new home. But of course in my heart Sutherland will always be no.1. My home outside my real home, I'll be back when everything is on track. Signed off effective January 04, 2012.



No comments: